we are supermodern we are retroactive we are automatons
we are individuals we are whispers we are all you hear.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Farewells Are Forgone.

The snow is falling once more. Winter seems to never give up here, by the ocean. The wind blows, the rain comes, washes the white away, but ever still the snow returns. It was pretty when it arrived and now it is a nuisance, a thorn in the boot. I can associate with that feeling.

There was a time when people actually liked having me around. They sought my time to spend together. I'm not sure what events transpired, but it feels as though I'm stuck eating the crumbs of everyone who have been long from this place. Do I emit such a low impact on the lives of those around me that they don't even register my absence? Rhetorical.

I'm leaving soon, from this eastern coast, and I don't think I'll be coming back. I've got enough self-pity to finish with this final statement: my departure will be marked with a blink and no whispers. I am the meteor causing no crater.

1 comment:

  1. well, last night i went through my photos form the entire year and each picture i saw of you pretty much kicked me in the stomach and not to sound completely NOT like myself, i almost cried.

    i do consider you my best friend, i feel like we have an understanding, and i will miss you immensely.

    i can't believe you won't be around to thrash talk the people we fuck with and make fun of others, oh, and scope out bitches.

    i'm going to miss going to shows with you
    and seeing you throw down.

    i'm going to miss having one of your headphones in my ear and watching you mouth along with the words.

    i'm gonna miss seeing your pastels.

    i'm going to miss you subtle ginger hair.

    i'm going to miss hearing your plans & dreams.

    i'm going to miss you.


    i hope you know you mean a lot to me, and have all year.

    i can't wait to see where life takes us, but hopefully it'll be somewhere where we can meet up, drink straight vodka with ice, and throw down.

    don't leave me without saying good-bye.

    ReplyDelete